Alfresco ALXE 42-Inch Gas Grill$7,000
- Three 27,500 BTU stainless steel/titanim blend tubular burners
- 770 square inches of primary grilling space
- 82,500 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 18,500 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit and hidden chain drive
- 5,000 BTU dedicated smoker burner with wood chip drawer
- Complete seamless welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electric continuous spark ignition
- Two built-in halogen grill lights
- High temperature ceramic briquette barrier
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by Alfresco Open Air Culinary Systems
Full Review – Alfresco ALXE 42-Inch Gas Grill
Alfresco is known as one of the best gas grill makers in the world. Competitors like to point out that pound for pound and square inch for square inch they are one of the most expensive. The truth is, that while not the best grill in the world, the Alfresco ALXE 42-Inch is an impressive piece of cooking equipment. And as for the price, based on size and features, this gas grill is actually very comparable with the competition.
While configurations can be changed, this grill typically comes with three main burners producing as much as 82,500 BTUs under 770 square inches of heavy stainless steel cooking surface. There is a powerful rotisserie burner and an internal, chain drive rotisserie system. You also get a dedicated smoker burner as well as a few options for side burner configurations.
Many gas grill makers in this price range offer cast brass or cast stainless burners. There are even ceramic burners on the market now. Alfresco has stuck to tubular burners, but they use a metal blended with stainless steel and titanium. It makes for a more durable, but more expensive burner, though cast burners tend to be more reliable in the long term. I wouldn’t worry about these burners though. If this grills cooking system as any problems it might be that it runs a little too hot and adjusting the heat down can actually be an issue.
Alfresco is all about outdoor kitchens and this grill is just a part of the impressive line of appliances and features that they offer. While a standalone, there are a number of insert options available.