- 562 square inches of cooking space or up to 834 square inches with optional cooking grates
- 180 to 650 degree F. temperature range
- 16-pound pellet hopper divided into two sections and mounted on the rear of the grill
- Electronic temperature control system works
- Automatic dual auger feed
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Two fans for convection cooking
- Heavy gauge stainless steel rod cooking grates
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Cover and optional cooking grates sold separately
- Made in the USA by Hearthland Products LLC.
Full Review – Memphis Pro Pellet Grill
With wood pellets becoming more available and more people looking for a grill that can do more than just grill steaks and burgers, pellet grills have moved in to fill the demand. Hearthland Products has been making stoves for decades and pellet stoves for years. In 2010, they introduced their line of pellet grills. This one, the Memphis Pro, is a serious pellet grill costing over 3,500USD.
What I like about this pellet grill, and the entire line of Memphis Wood Fire Grills is the efficiency of the design. For a pellet grill, this unit is compact, preserving most of its footprint for actual cooking space. The pellet storage bin or hopper sits in the back parallel to the grill. While you have to get around back to add more pellets it isn't in your way when you are using the grill. The control panel is easily accessible but not in the way. The side tables are actually usable, like most gas grill and you don't have to move everything off to add more pellets.
If you have owned a pellet grill in the past, or at least researched them you know that one of the problems is that they either work great as a BBQ smoker and okay as a grill or vise versa. This Memphis pellet grill can hit and hold temperatures up to 650 degrees F. all the way down to 180 degrees F. This means you can sear a steak and smoke a brisket on one grill. Add to this the fact that the heat is provided by burning real hardwood, so you get an authentic smoke flavor in everything you cook.
As impressive as all this is, it really is the construction that stands out. The thick gauge metals have a great finish that adds to durability and appearance. The internal components are solid and with a little care, I believe that this pellet grill can last for many, many years to come.