- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 500 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 8760 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 15,000 BTU flush mounted infrared side burner
- 18,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Stainless Steel cooking grates
- Constructed of cast aluminum, enameled steel, and stainless steel
- Dual layer hood
- Enclosed cart design
- Sold as Propane or Natural Gas - Not convertible
- Propane tank, cover, and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Made in Canada by Napoleon Grills
- This model also available in Stainless Steel
Full Review – Napoleon Prestige Pro 500 Black Gas Grill
There has been a comparison over the years between the US based Weber and the Canadian based Napoleon. Their products crossover in almost every area and none more than with gas grills. Between the two, there are many similarities, both in design and in function. The Prestige Pro 500 in similar in size and, considering the features, price to the Weber Genesis II three-burner grills.
Napoleon has some innovations however. Where most gas grills in this price range put a simple side burner on their products. Napoleon adds an infrared searing burner. This dual purpose burner can be used for heating a pot or for searing a steak. Considering that most people will never use their standard side burners, this is actually a nice feature, though it will only sear one steak at a time and it creates something of a mess.
Another innovation of this grill is in the cooking grates. The wave shape of the stainless steel rod cooking surface means that more metal comes in contact with foods. It can make cleaning them a little more awkward, but it does as promised. It puts a more intense set of grill marks on the food you cook.
The Prestige Pro also puts an infrared rotisserie burner in the grill. This is something Weber doesn’t offer, and for the price, it is a great feature. The also add the rotisserie kit standard. When you compare the prices, you generally get a little more with a Napoleon, so if you are looking for a grill that can do everything, take a serious look at this model.