- Two 13,500 BTU stainless steel burners
- 380 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 494 square inches
- 36,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Constructed of cast aluminum, enameled steel, and stainless steel
- Dual layer hood
- Open cart design
- Sold as Propane or Natural Gas - Not convertible
- Complete 10-year warranty
- Propane tank, cover, and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Made in China by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Full Review – Weber Genesis II E-210 Gas Grill
First of all let’s just say it. This is a Weber. Weber is the best known brand in outdoor grills and for a good reason. They make good grills that don’t rely on gimmicks. Genesis is the flagship of the Weber gas grill line. It has been around for decades with periodic improvements, upgrades and redesigns. Now it is available in a wide range of sizes and features and this model, The E-210 is the smallest and least expensive of the Genesis grills.
The first question about this little grill, however, is should you buy it. Of course, many people are looking for a little grill that doesn’t take up a lot of space and will only be use to grill for a couple of people. The real issue is, that Weber has another, less expensive line of gas grills under the name Spirit. The Weber Spirit II E-310 is larger, has three burners instead of two and is made in the same factory as the Genesis E-210. They both cost the same amount. While Spirit is a little lighter in its construction, both grills have similar features.
Assuming that you are still thinking about the Genesis, lets break it down a bit. In truth, there isn’t much to say about this grill. It’s two stainless steel tubular burners produce up to 26,000 BTUs under 380 square inches of porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates. While the heat output of this grill is comparatively low, the heavy cooking grates help to compensate provided they have time to heat up. The typical preheat time on this grill is about ten minutes.
Weber has put a lot of time into engineering the cooking system of the grill and even the igniters, the typical first point of failure, have a ten year warranty. This is one of the best in the industry. Aside from these points, there isn’t much else to the Genesis E-210. It is a simple and small grill.